Useful Meteor Resources
Taking those first couple steps with a new framework can feel daunting when you don’t know where to look. So here are some resources to help you join in:
- The Meteor Website is a good place to start. Watch the screen casts, get excited, learn about the ecosystem.
- Chris Mather’s Evented Mind is an amazing set of screencasts explaining various meteor concepts.
- Gabriel Manricks wrote a great post walking through the basic concepts of Meteor.
- Andrew Scala wrote an awesome introductory walkthrough (which is a little out of date sadly).
- Learning Meteor contains some posts working through getting off the ground.
- The Meteor Docs has all the details on core Meteor’s extensive APIs.
- If you need a package that isn’t included in core, take a look at the Atmosphere package repository for a list of 3rd party packages designed to work with the framework.
Questions and answers
- Search Stack Overflow questions tagged with Meteor to find answers to technical questions. Be aware that due to the rapidly changing nature of the framework, some older questions and answers maybe not be as relevant.
- The Meteor Talk mailing list also contains many questions and answers about thornier topics.
- The Meteor Core mailing list is devoted to issues about the core meteor platform, if you are interested in getting down to the nitty gritty.